As Thanksgiving approaches, many Americans are busy planning their holiday menu. One of the biggest dilemmas for many cooks is what to do with all the leftover turkey. While turkey sandwiches and turkey soup are easy and tasty solutions, there are many other creative ways to use leftover turkey. Here are ten of them:
1. Turkey tacos- Shred the turkey meat and add it to your favorite taco seasoning. Serve with taco shells and all the usual taco toppings.
2. Turkey pot pie- Make a pot pie by combining your leftover turkey with mixed vegetables such as carrots, peas, and potatoes. Top it with store-bought pie crust or a homemade one.
3. Turkey salad- Make a turkey salad by combining shredded turkey meat with celery, onion, and mayonnaise. Serve it on a bed of lettuce or as a sandwich.
4. Turkey chili- Make a hearty chili by combining the shredded turkey meat with beans, diced tomatoes, and spices.
5. Turkey fajitas- Make turkey fajitas by slicing the turkey meat and cooking it with onions and peppers. Serve on warm tortillas with sour cream and guacamole.
6. Turkey quesadilla- Make a cheesy quesadilla using shredded turkey meat, diced tomato, and shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Turkey curry- Combine shredded turkey meat with curry powder, diced potatoes, and coconut milk. Serve with rice.
8. Turkey lasagna- Make a turkey lasagna by layering the leftover turkey with noodles, cheese, and tomato sauce.
9. Turkey and vegetable stir-fry- Stir-fry chopped vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and zucchini with the shredded turkey meat. Serve it with rice or noodles.
10. Turkey enchiladas- Make turkey enchiladas by rolling shredded turkey in tortillas with cheese and enchilada sauce.
In conclusion, leftover turkey does not have to be boring. With a little bit of creativity, it can be transformed into a variety of delicious dishes.